Thursday, January 27, 2011

MCDK- Sofi's appointment.

Baby A, my Sofi, had her first doctor's appointment today in utero.

I couldn't help, but get feelings of dread and while parking at the children's hospital. "So, this is where we will spend the next few months," I said to myself. This appointment was scheduled months ago, and I can't figure out why reality decided to smack me in the face today. I held in the tears, and went straight in to be registered by some lady who couldn't care less about my Sofi. Then, they shuffled me upstairs to wait in yet another waiting room. I found a quiet spot in this new room... a place I need to get used to. Forty-five minutes later, the doctor came to talk to me about Sofi's kidneys. I learned that: 1) Sofi will need to be on her medication immediately after birth 2) Her first months will be nothing but scans, tests, and appointments 3) I'm allowed no recovery time after birth. 4) She will have only one kidney

This sucks, but I have to stay strong for my babies AND show my 4 year old that mommy is here for her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment